You can pass your router SSID/Password to the Yardian (or Wi-Fi onboarding) without using the app.
Prepare the file on a USB drive
For the USB drive, FAT32 format is required.
- Create a text file with the name "yardian_cmd.json" using any editor on your PC.
- Copy the following line to the file:
- Replace the XXXXX and YYYYY with your router SSID/Password without any spaces between the double quotes:
Your SSID: XXXXX
Your Password: YYYYY
- Save the file to a USB drive (in the root directory).
- Please turn on your Yardian. When you see the LED blinking green and blue.
For Yardian (with camera), please replace the Wi-Fi dongle with this USB drive.
For Yardian Pro, please insert the USB drive directly.
- When it's done, you should see a purple LED.
For Yardian (with camera), please put the Wi-Fi dongle back and reboot (unplug then replug the power cord).
For Yardian Pro, please remove the USB drive.
You should see the LED blinking green, which means the device is trying to connect to the router. It will turn solid green when connected.