New features are added to your Yardian from time to time, and sometimes they require firmware updates. For firmware versions earlier than 6.6.5, you’ll need to use a USB drive to update manually. Once you have a firmware version of 6.6.5 or newer, you can simply start the firmware update process in your app for future updates through the OTA (over-the-air) automatic update mechanism.
Note: Firmware OTA update will be available soon in the Yardian app version 3.10.5.
Check Your Firmware Version
Please go to the "Device Settings" page, then you can find your firmware version.
Manual Firmware Update Using A USB Drive
Prepare The USB Drive
For the USB drive, FAT32 format is required.
- Please download the zip file.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file and save the firmware file(s) in a USB drive.
DO NOT put them in any folder.
Update firmware (Yardian)
- Unplug the Yardian power cord and remove the Wi-Fi dongle from the USB port.
Make sure the USB port is not connected to anything.
- Replug the Yardian power cord, wait until you see the LED blinking slowly in red, then insert the USB drive. You will see the LED blinking quickly in red as the firmware is being updated.
Please DO NOT turn off the power during this process.
- The LED will turn purple when the update process is completed.
Unplug your Yardian, put the Wi-Fi dongle back, then replug the power cord.
Please contact email@example.com if there are any issues.